For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and UK data protection laws, the controller is South DevonTennis Centre (the "Centre") of Erme Playing Fields, Ermington Road, Ivybridge PL21 9ES.
South Devon Tennis Centre is the trading name of “Ivybridge Tennis Club, a company limited by guarantee".
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- • From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member or your tennis coach who has provided us with your contact details for that purpose);
- • From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our Centre)
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- • Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- • Financial information, including Direct Debit details;
- • Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other Centre facilities)
- • We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a Centre social event or a course/camp
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- • Administration of your Centre subscription (membership, coaching, events, etc.), including:
- • informing you about court / facilities opening hours;
- • taking payment of membership fees;
- • Fulfilment of orders for goods and services, including court bookings;
- • Administration of the Wimbledon ballot;
- • where this is necessary for the performance of a contract (including any written terms and conditions relating to your membership) with you;
- • Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis in our Centre;
- • Communication about our Centre activities that we think may be of interest to you;
- • where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing use of our Centre's facilities and participation in the game generally);
- • Promoting our Centre and relevant goods and services (e.g. racquets, restringing, etc.);
- • where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable
How we may use special categories of personal information
"Special categories" of sensitive personal data such as medical information requires higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. The provision of medical information is optional, and we only process this personal information where it is required by a venue or coach to improve your user experience of the course, session or programme provided.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of our Centre. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- • Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations (as applicable)
- • Communications such as your membership renewal / coaching re-enrolment reminder, notices of formal meetings and information about venue closures and holiday opening hours
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use. Personal data collected and processed by us will only be shared with the following third parties, and only where necessary:
- • Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your playing experience and giving you access to the benefits to which you are entitled.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid Centre membership and for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- • Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it
- • Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- • Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- • Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes
- • Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent)
- • Request the transfer of your personal data to another party
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
- • by email: email@example.com
- • by telephone: 01752 893700
- • or by post: South Devon Tennis Centre, Erme Playing Fields, Ermington Road, Ivybridge PL21 9ES
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner's Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
28/March/2019 last reviewed/completed